Steven Universe has been one of my favorite shows for years now! My philosophy towards cartoons is that if a kids show is only enjoyed by kids, it’s probably not a good show. And this is something that Steven Universe has tackled from its very beginnings. And still, we are blessed with silly little things that warm our hearts, like Cookie Cat!
Looking at how much Steven has grown from season 1 until 5 it’s good to remember when his biggest problem was his favorite ice cream being discontinued.
If you’d like a printable and ad-free version of this pattern you can find it here.
Without further adieu, let’s get stitching!
- G/6 – 4.25mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Polyester Fiberfill ( Less than an ounce)
- Medium Weight Yarn (Brown, Pastel Pink, and White)
- Yarn Description
- 70 yards of Brown yarn
- 17 yards of Pastel Pink yarn
- 17 yards of White yarn
All yarn used was Red Heart Super Saver.
The definitions for all crochet abbreviations used can be found here.
IN THE ROUND.
- Round 1: Ch 7, skip the first ch and work 3 sc into the second one, 4 sc across, 5 sc into the last ch. Working UNDERNEATH the chain. 4 sc across, 2 sc into the last ch. (18)
- Round 2: Sc inc, Sc inc, 6 sc across, 3 sc inc, 6 sc, Sc inc. (24)
- Round 3: 4 Sc inc, sc 7 across, 5 Sc inc, sc 8 across (33)
- Round 4: 6 Sc inc, sc 10 across, 6 Sc inc, sc 12 across (46)
- Round 5: First ear. Ch 1, turn around and 4 sc.
- Round 6: Ch 1, turn around, 2 Sc Dec.
- Round 7: Ch 1, turn around, 1 Sc Dec, tie off.
Count 4 stitches next to the ear, reattach yarn in the 4th stitch and repeat rounds 5, 6 and 7 to mane the second ear.
Single Crochet all around the cookie, tie off at the tip of the second ear. (50-52 sts).
Repeat the whole “cookie” process a second time.
THE “ICE CREAM”
Working with the pastel pink yarn, ch 4, skip the first chain
- Rows 1- 28: 3 sc across, ch 1, turn, and repeat.
When you have finished the 28 rows change to white yarn and crochet another 28 rows. Attach the white end to the pink end using slip stitches to form a ring.
You’ll need one white eye and a pink one. With pastel pink yarn, create a magic circle. 6 sc inside, Sl St into the first sc, fasten off leaving about 6 inches of yarn for sewing. Adjust the string of the magic circle to close it. Repeat once more with the white yarn.
- Step 1: Using the yarn needle, sew the eyes to the front of one of the cookies, pink one on the right, white on on the left.
- Step 2: Align the “ice cream” edge so that the pink side aligns to the right side of the cookie and the white side aligns to the left side. Sew together with brown yarn.
- Step 3: Sew the second cookie on the other side making sure everything is straight. Before finishing the second cookie, stuff with fiberfill until puffy, once you have finished sewing around the cookie, fasten off, hide the yarn ends and you’re done!
I’D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PROJECTS! IF YOU HAVE PROGRESS PICTURES OR WANT TO SHARE YOUR FINISHED PROJECT PLEASE TAG NANO STITCHES ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
You may sell your product providing pattern credit to Nano Stitches on Instagram, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Ravelry or any other social media in which you advertise. The pattern itself shall not be copied. If you sell the items you must use your own pictures for advertising. If you need assistance during the process or find someone else selling my pattern feel free to contact me on social media or email me at email@example.com